Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Thing 28: Anything Goes Google

There is so much under Google!  I listened to Hipster Google - 21 Things you probably never heard of.  I also watched two videos from about self-grading quizzes and sharing quizzes from Teachers Tech.
One of the items I really liked was Google Spell.  I thought it would be great for a filler activity during my library classes.   Well, I went to use it and it looks like it is no longer available :(.   I'll have to look for a similar activity..
One tool I am anxious to try is Google Cast.  My students will be so excited to display their work on the Smart Board.   They recently wrote Haikus and it would have been great to have each student display their poem on the screen in front of the class.  I am definitely going to have my students try Google Cast.

Tour builder was another interesting tool.  I am doing a state research project with my 1st grade enrichment group.   I can have them map out a tour of all the state capitals, and they can each put a fact about their capital.

I was amazed by the Google Translate tool and the ability to translate signs using the camera.  I was sharing with someone at work who said they used it in Italy recently and it was a life saver.  Hopefully someday I will find myself in a foreign country on vacation and can use it.

Toontastic looked fun, but I don't have access to a class set of iPads.

I just looked for Google Story Builder and discovered that app has also been retired.  I thought it would have been a good activity for 3rd and 4th graders to use with fairy tales and folk tale characters.



1 comment:

  1. Oh no, sorry you ran into so many tools that had been discontinued. Was there a particular article that was recommending them? If so, maybe I should delete that article. Glad you found some good ideas though!

    ReplyDelete