Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thing 20: Tools for creating websites, pathfinders, portfolios and more

The last thing!!  I looked into many of the options and finally decided to try Weebly because it seemed the easiest.  I started a website on Dragonwings.  My 6th graders are currently reading this and we have had many lessons in the library related to the book.  Here is the start of my web page, http://52dragonwings.weebly.com/  obviously a work in progress :)
 I found Weebly user friendly for a novice such as myself.  The home page of Destiny is so quick and easy to use, but not very visually inviting.  I may consider Weebly or a similar project next year to link to my Destiny home page, especially to make it more kid friendly and inviting.


My plan is to expand the Dragonwings site to include links for all three 6th grader novels - The Lightning Thief, Bud Not Buddy, and Dragonwings.



No comments:

Post a Comment