Sunday, May 25, 2014

Thing 19: Online Learning & DIY PD

Initially I had some difficulty finding a topic/link to connect with.  I found TechChicks the most useful for me. I listened to their podcast called Dry Binary Tacos - didn't understand the title until I listened to it - they are podcasting from a taco restaurant in Texas and the tacos are dry - haha.  I have to admit that I haven't listened to may podcasts over the years, but this was very useful. I'm going to put the older podcasts on my to do list.   I opened a second window so that I could visit the sites as they were discussing them.  I learned about great math sites that I am going to share with my teachers.  We use First-in-Math, but the kids are always looking for something else, and I have yet to find any math on the Cool Math site. The QR Sight word Bingo looked like a great game that I will share with my K-2 teachers.  There was also the quiz site Kahoots which I will be able to use in my lab with my library classes.  I can see having students do a short article with an online database and then taking a short quiz on Kahoots, or a quiz after a story, like AR.   Gives them accountability other than pen and paper. 

1 comment: