Friday, February 22, 2013

Thing 8: Collaborating, Connecting, and Sharing

Whew!  I'm finally caught up on Cool Tools - for now.
I have used Doodle in the past to set-up meetings, and also shared documents with my co-workers on Google Docs.  I liked Doodle - it was simple and easy to use.  It worked very well, even for novice users.  Now if I only could get everyone in my family to use it to try and schedule holidays and family parties!

TitanPad was new to me.  I am in charge of a district librarian committee for planning reading incentives - RocRead.  I setup a TitanPad so committee members can post and share their ideas and plan our next incentive.  It is hard to get everyone together on the same day all the time and there are too many emails to sort through.  The color coding and the ease of use was very inviting.

I'm familiar with Skype - I have used it very often for personal conversations, but haven't yet used it for school.  I would like to investigate using it with one of my library classes and collaborating with another district librarian.  I am going to investigate what tools are available to me to use it - an iPad or another camera.

There were a lot of choices for document storage and sharing on the web.  I'm also involved in a collegial circle and we are writing and sharing lesson plans.  I will ask the group if they would like to use one of these tools to share - it will create less emails hopefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment