Monday, January 21, 2019

Thing 6: Digital Storytelling

Well, weather like today gives me a good opportunity to catch up on PD :) 

The first time I participated in Cool Tools I did a video on Animoto. It was still in my account and it was only 30 seconds.  Brought back memories - it was of my son during his high school swim meet.  
There are a lot of resources listed on Thing 6.  I explored many of them.  Powtoons looks interesting, as well as the Time Line tool on Read Write Think.  The time line tool in Google Slides looked a little complicated for elementary.

I spent the most time on Adobe Sparks.  I made two videos.  Very easy to learn and the free version had enough options to create a nice video.  I'm hoping that my district has a subscription or its included with our Google accounts.  We have a book of the month in our K-6 building and it would be a great project for the students to retell the story using Sparks, adding their connection to the story. 

Here is the first video I made - Annie loves the snow much more that I do!


Here is the second video.  My son has traded swimming for biking!  Tried embedding it - hope it works!


2 comments:

  1. Great videos! Your dog is crazy. :) It's too cold to play in the snow. brrr.... And the biking videos were put together nicely, watched the whole thing. I love Adobe Spark, it just makes it so easy for students to create. The book project sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Spark videos. Great biking footage!

    ReplyDelete