Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thing 5: Digital Storytelling

http://animoto.com/play/m2FffSl4fkXn6X2SdPJHiQ

I decided to go with Animoto and stick with using the swimming pictures.  The link above is for the short 30 second video.  It was very easy to use and very quick.
I have used story telling software in the past, mostly Windows Movie Maker and also iMovie.  What I've found is that you really can lose yourself doing this and it takes a lot more time than you think - selecting the pictures, putting them in order and adding any text or music.  I enjoy it though.
Our school has clubs every other Friday afternoon and I am in charge of the Tech Club.  We have been taking pictures around the school to share with our sister school in China.  It has been a challenge to keep the kids focused and get them to take their time to really frame the pictures.  After lots of pictures of the floor and plants in the library, I had to take pictures they could use.  I might suggest they use this Animoto product.  It is much easier and faster than Movie Maker.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of Animoto. It can be time consuming, can't it. I keep saying I'm going to do a holiday card via animoto, still haven't done it! But that said, at least with animoto, they do the hard work of making it look interesting. And students can focus on finding the right images to tell their story.

    ReplyDelete