Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thing 2: Online Communities and Personal Learning Networks

I have a FB page and use it in my personal life. To use verbage from cool tools you could say I "lurk" on FB a bit - I check it everyday but don't post much - mostly pictures of special events. I enjoy following others and mostly started one because my two children have one.
 I don't have a Twitter account.  I  looked at Twitter and now finally understand what all those hashtag names are.  I always thought they were people's account names. You see these pop up more and more during television shows - tweets to follow. Twitter seems to be the next generation of listserves.  I don't think I will get a Twitter account right now.  I have three emails now that I have added this gmail account and FB to follow and this blog to keep up.  It does look like a helpful place to go for info though. I found many great articles.
Can you search for a particular topic within a hashtag?
It took me a while to get used to the format - very short messages, the abbreviated website links followed by all those hashtags  - very different than other social media tools.

 

6 comments:

  1. Posted a comment to you and lost it! Updated my blog and traded comments with Donna.
    Paulafutrell.wordpress.com
    Added links to all our blogs.
    Now need to let Cool Tool folks know. And catch up on other tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Susan, two minutes later I think i am signed up on blogger. let's see if you get this. Well didn't go yet. let's try again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it said it went through. If it did this is so much easier

    ReplyDelete
  4. do i have to type in that what i see stuff every time

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like it since I have to do it every time i hit publish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got your message back. I still hate all this stuff. Who has time?
    D
    Today feel like it was 48 hours. I am tired.

    ReplyDelete